M2 Occido Plus – Industrial Disinfectant
OVERVIEW- SCIENTIFIC WORKING OF M2 OCCIDO PLUS INDUSTRIAL DISINFECTANT
The disinfection capabilities in M2 OCCIDO PLUS is based on a new innovative oxidation technology that does not include chlorine, iodine, bromide or any other halogen based chemical and is a highly effective Industrial disinfectant for the disinfection, sterilization and sanitation of hard surfaces.
M2 OCCIDO PLUS, in the disinfection process, does not create any DBP (Disinfection by-products) HAA’s (Haloacetic acid) or THM’s (Trihalomethanes).
During the oxidation process free radicals are generated in sufficient quantity to remove organic material, traceable organic contaminants and certain inorganic pollutants. Free radical activity also increases the biodegradability of inorganic contaminants by altering the chemical structure and in the case of pathogen micro-organisms, destroying the cell membranes.
M2 OCCIDO PLUS INDUSTRIAL DISINFECTANT
Microorganisms are everywhere and some are relatively harmless while others are highly pathogenic. Proper cleaning of facilities removes the vast majority of all organisms and must be done before the application of disinfectants. This applies to all areas to be disinfected including floors, walls, hard surfaces and equipment. The success of any sanitation, disinfection and sterilization program is limited only by its weakest link.
Understanding the terms used to describe microbial control is important when selecting the appropriate action for eliminating disease causing organisms. Three terms commonly used but often misunderstood are sterilization, disinfection, and sanitation.
- Sterilization – The destruction of all infective and reproductive forms of all microorganisms (bacteria, fungi, virus, etc.).
- Disinfection – The destruction of all vegetative forms of microorganisms.
- Sanitation – The reduction of pathogenic organism numbers to a level at which they do not pose a disease threat to their host.
Application: M2 OCCIDO PLUS is a non-toxic, free flowing granular and highly soluble in water chemical compilation disinfectant. It is safer than chlorine in the destruction of spores, total aerobic bacteria enumeration, viruses, fungi and other pathogen organisms and also destroys phenols of which certain strains are immune to chlorine. M2 OCCIDO PLUS has been proved effective on a log 5 reduction (99,999%) at 15 grams per 25 litres of water and a log 6 reduction (99,9999%) at 15 grams per 10 litres of water on the following microorganisms:
M2 OCCIDO PLUS is ideal in the disinfection of hard surfaces and products that are used in food, industrial, domestic and institutional areas. Dosing instructions is 15 grams per 10 litres of water.
The following areas are included:
A) Processing, distribution and retailing of:
B) Institutional and domestic areas:
C) Other Industrial areas:
M2 Occido Plus is ideal when used as a misting application. Just mix 25 ml of Glycerine into 1 litre of prepared disinfectant to achieve an effective fine mist.
Mix 15 grams of powder into 10 litres of tap water when used as a hand sanitizer. Mixture can then be applied by dipping the hands into a bowl or bucket or as a spray on application with a normal spray bottle. Shake excess water of and allow hands to air dry.
- 53g – makes 35 litres disinfectant
- 105g – makes 70 litres disinfectant
- 300g- makes 200 litres disinfectant
- 1kg tub- makes 670 litres disinfectant
- 3kg tub makes 1980 litres disinfectant
- 10kg tub makes 6700 litres disinfectant
M2 Occido Plus was approved in a SANAS International accredited laboratory on the following standards:
- SANS 51276 and EN 1276 approved as biocidal for chemical disinfectants and anticeptics
- BS EN 14476:2013+A2;2019 approved as virucidal (done at MSL Solution Providers in the UK)
- SANS 1853 SABS and EU approved toxicity evaluation
- SANS 51650 and EN 1650 approved as Fungicidal
- SANS 53704 and EN 13704 approved as Sporicidal)
- Global G.A.P. Compliant (Good Agricultural Practices)
- NRCS Compliant (National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications )
FULL LABORATORY ANALYSIS AND MSDS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
M2 Occido Plus